Archive for the ‘OPEC’ Tag
Four Dollars “a gallon” looks like a done deal. Big Oil’s profits are up. Happy Memorial Day Weekend ! … for us, or for them ?
I’m sure many will be taking shorter trips this long holiday weekend. While most of us will probably just enjoy the weekend at home with family and friends. And then there’s a few of us, that will be seething at the mouth, conspiring ways to stick it to OPEC and Big Oil !
Here’s a few ideas from a contributor on how to get ‘er done … give it a read, and hit the comments with your take.
The Beef …
1. We need to break up OPEC….they have too much oil to be a monopoly!!!
2. We need independent evaluations of their oil fields… how much oil is available there to pump and how do their reserves look!!!!
3. We need a totally “free market” on oil without supply manipulation and monopolization!!!
4. If a country is caught holding back oil from the market they will be fined millions of dollars!!!
5. We need World Trade Organization, foreign governments, economist, geologist, engineers, accountants, and lawyers to bring this all together…..We don’t need Big Oils involvement because they love OPEC….OPEC keeps prices inflated and Big Oil’s profits up!
WE HAVE GOT TO BREAK THE BACK OF OPEC AND GET THESE OIL PRODUCING COUNTRIES TO START COMPETING AMONG THEMSELVES AND THE PRICE OF OIL WILL FALL LIKE A ROCK!!!!!!!! ~ Gary Author/Contributor
Thanks Gary for the contribution.
I’m inline with getting in line this weekend, but only for soda, beer, hot dogs, hamburger, and chips. If I’m going to experience gas pain, its not going to be from filling up at the pump :)
P.B. (Post Beef) …. Enjoy the long weekend, drive safely, and take a moment to remember and reflect upon the U.S. men and women that gave their lives for our country and provided us with freedoms we enjoy today. I am especially thankful for the right and freedom to beef, and appreciative to all of you that have shared your thoughts and comments on this site … you’ve made my life a better place.